Submit All Personal Resumes to email@example.com or mail
ESMOC Job Search
P.O. Box 80431
Memphis, TN 38108
General Purpose: The Executive Director is the Chief Operations Officer of ESMOC The Executive Director reports to the Chief
Executive Officer and the Board of Directors, and is responsible for the organization's consistent achievement of its mission and financial objectives. In program development and administration, the
Executive Director will:
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assure that the organization has a long-range strategy which achieves its mission, and toward which it makes consistent and timely progress.
- Provide leadership in developing program, organizational and financial plans with the Board of Directors and staff, and carry out plans and policies authorized by the board.
- Promote active and broad participation by volunteers in all areas of the organization's work.
- Maintain official records and documents, and ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in the field.
In communications, the Executive Director will:
- See that the board is kept fully informed on the condition of the organization and all-important factors influencing it.
- Publicize the activities of the organization, its programs and goals.
- Establish sound working relationships and cooperative arrangements with community groups and organizations.
- Represent the programs and point of view of the organization to agencies, organizations, and the general public.
In relations with staff, the Executive Director will:
- Be responsible for the recruitment, employment, and release of all personnel, both paid staff and volunteers.
- Ensure that job descriptions are developed, that regular performance evaluations are held, and that sound human resource practices are in place.
- See that an effective management team, with appropriate provision for succession, is in place.
- Encourage staff and volunteer development and education, and assist program staff in relating their specialized work to the total program of the organization.
- Maintain a climate, which attracts, keeps, and motivates a diverse staff of top quality people.
In budget and finance, the Executive Director will:
- Be responsible for developing and maintaining sound financial practices.
- Work with the staff, Finance Committee, CFO and the board in preparing a budget; see that the organization operates within budget guidelines.
- Ensure that adequate funds are available to permit the organization to carry out its work.
- Jointly, with the president and secretary of the board of directors, conduct official correspondence of the organization, and jointly, with designated officers, execute legal documents.
- Strong management and supervisory skills and experience.
- Manifest evidence of personal Faith in Jesus Christ.
- Demonstrates leadership ability in strategist and coalition building.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree required